Geography Window on the World is a new series of colourful and exciting Geography books for third to sixth class. In line with the Revised Curriculum, the series contains all of the appropriate strands and strand units for each class level. Geography Window on the World allows children to become active agents in exploring their own environment.
• Facilitates children in learning, in a fun and exciting way, and in developing their geographical investigation skills
• Allows children to learn about features in the natural and human environment and to become active agents in exploring their own environment
• Encourages children to foster a positive attitude towards people and their environment and to develop a sense of local, national and global responsibility
• Brings geography to life for children in their own environment and in the wider world. Children work as geographers and explore a range of key geographical themes, both as individual learners and as part of group work
• Offers children the opportunity to explore a wide variety of maps, globes and photographs in fun and interesting activities
• Helps to expand children’s geographical vocabulary as they investigate planet Earth through a variety of enquiries
• Geography Window on the World contains four elements of assessment:
• A project page is included at the end of each chapter to assist with the integration of topics into other subject areas
• A Quiz Time chapter is included at the end of each book, which allows children to revise information in a fun way
• The Word Watch sections highlight new vocabulary and provide clear definitions
• Web Watch contains website references for further investigation and learning. A selection of games and activities helps to stimulate children’s interest in the topics.
• This book is available on edcoDigital.ie for teachers using the book with their students
• An Interactive ICT activity has been created, and is detailed at the end of each chapter in the Teachers Resource Book.