Price: €6.53 inc. VAT
Spellcheck is an exciting spelling series from 1st to 6th Class.
• This series takes a structured approach to the teaching of spelling, using the tried and tested Look, Say, Cover, Write and Check method.
• Spellcheck captures the imagination of children with the two central characters, "Spellchecker" and "Spellwrecker", and makes learning to spell fun.
• Each book is clearly laid out, with each week's work spread over two pages.
• Designed to assist and reinforce learning: Page 1 lists the spellings in groups; Page 2 provides tasks based on the groups of spellings learned.
• Spellings have been taken from a wide variety of sources including: the 100 most frequently used words deriving from children's interests; words that are used regularly by children in their writing; the most commonly misspelled words.
• Spellcheck groups words that rhyme, have the same initial or end sound, or are linked by theme.
• Spellcheck includes a cover flap for ease of use.
• Regular Revision is facilitated throughout.
• Each book is divided into blocks of five weeks, with the fifth week in each block being a revision week.
• Sentence of the Week allows children to recognise spellings in context.
• Assessment activities are provided in a fun way at the end of each week, with a selection of Spellcheck games and spelling lists.
• Suggested activities further embrace learning of spellings also included in the programme.