The first eight chapters deal with initial, medial or final word sounds as a preparation for spelling lessons.
• Colour is used to highlight blends, digraphs, prefixes, onsets, rhymes etc.
• Words are sorted into blocks of two / three, chosen for their suitability and relevance in the modern Irish context.
• A cover flap is used to encourage the look / say / cover / write strategy.
• Contains a wide range of activities which reinforce the learning of each spelling.
• Six revision chapters throughout the book and four general revision chapters at the end help consolidate learned spellings.
• Weekly tests and end of year review assess pupils’ progress.