€20.95 inc. VAT
Operation Maths is a new, exciting and original primary maths programme, with fully integrated digital resources. A ground-breaking maths programme, it has been developed specifically for the Irish market to meet the needs of primary schools, teachers and pupils.
• Operation Maths focuses on the acquisition and development of mathematical skills, as outlined in the Primary school curriculum
• A significant emphasis has been placed on collaborative learning, with regular Talk Time and Team Work activities to encourage children to communicate and to address problems in a collaborative way
• Problem-solving is at the heart of this programme: problem-solving strategies are developed throughout the book; there are regular Work It Out! activities; and the Let’s Investigate! feature at the back of the book allows the children to explore open-ended investigations
• Children are encouraged to apply maths to their own environment through regular Maths Around Us activities, videos and maths trails
• There is a strong focus on the revision of concepts and the integration of maths with other subjects, with themed revision pages throughout the book
• Mental maths skills are promoted in an integrated fashion in each chapter, with an emphasis on the development of estimation and thinking strategies
• Children can assess their own learning in the Learning Log at the end of every chapter in the Discovery Book, while formal assessment takes place in the Pupil Assessment book
• A concrete-pictorial-abstract (CPA) approach promotes active learning and guided discovery, as the children explore and interact with suitable concrete materials.
• Mini whiteboards accompany the series, promoting active involvement in a whole-class setting, along with providing instant feedback and enabling teacher assessment.