Modern Handwriting Book 3 is designed to facilitate the following aspects of the teaching of handwriting:
• revision of rules for letters, for letter joins, penlifts, letter heights etc
• the uses of margins
• more difficult examples requiring copying of poetry and of full pages of text, and conversion of print to handwritten script
• final elimination of upper blue line at the top of x-height
• development of awareness of important features of the style
• The x-height in this book is graded from 5mm to 4mm to 3.2mm
• introduction of single-line ruling as provided in copybooks.