Maths in Action 1 is a new textbook that covers the Common Introductory Course (CIC).
This book guides first year maths students through their syllabus using methods that will prepare them for their Junior Certificate exam and for the application of maths in real-life scenarios.
Key features of this book includes:
• Learning Outcomes show content is in line with syllabus requirements
• Key Words at the start of each chapter help with literacy
• Language is simple and accessible for first years.
• Examples are clear and concise
• Questions are well graded and in line with the syllabus.
• Activities link to the new approach
• End of chapter 'Challenges' show how maths can be fun!
• Self-Check Tests encourage independent learning and assessment of learning
• Knowledge Checklists aid revision.