€15.20 inc. VAT
Léigh sa Bhaile is a new series of Irish language books for primary school. They aim to develop reading fluency, comprehension skills and vocabulary development by encouraging daily and independent reading at home.
• Each book consists of 120 single-page units, with a variety of styles and genres.
• Each of the ten themes of the curriculum is covered regularly to ensure development of the theme throughout the school year.
• These vibrant and modern books are designed to be easily used by teachers, parents and children at each level.
• The Léigh sa Bhaile series encourages daily reading practice, which is a key element in promoting literacy.
• The series aims to develop not only the children’s reading and comprehension skills, but their oral language skills also.
• To ensure proper pronunciation and development in oral language, a free audio version of the book is available on MyCJFallon and can be used by parents, teachers and students.
How to use Léigh sa Bhaile:
• Children are assigned one page of reading for homework each day of the week, except Friday.
• The teacher can check the reading ability the following day by orally asking the questions provided on each page.
• Class discussion can also be used to help develop the oral language skills of the children.
• As the Léigh sa Bhaile series is an independent series, it can be used in conjunction with any reading programme.