Life Matters, a new senior cycle religious education text:
• Is written in clear, straightforward language.
• Reflects the reality of the contemporary classroom situation where, as in the broader society, there is no longer any unanimity on moral issues.
• Is explanatory and exploratory in tone.
• Offers a comprehensive, fair and balanced treatment of many of the most challenging moral issues facing our society today.
• Presents the relevant facts and outlines the arguments for and against in each area of moral debate.
• Is full-colour throughout, beautifully design and illustrated.
• Includes a Glossary of Key Ideas, which are clearly defines and highlighted throughout the text.
Life Matters aims to:
• Encourage you to be aware of your own dignity as a human being and the need to treat others with the respect to which they are entitled.
• Help you understand your rights and responsibilities as a citizen, not only of this country but of the wider world too.
• Encourage you to listen to the views of others, respect differences and engage in honest and open discussion in the search for the truth.
• Help you to work out where you stand on moral issues so that you can offer sound arguments to support the opinions you express.
• Strengthen your awareness of our common need to cherish and protect the environment which we share.