Price: €23.36 inc. VAT
It's Your Life is a new Social, Personal and Health Education book for Senior Cycle Students. The book provides students with opportunity to explore current and future life issues in a safe classroom environment.
Senior Cycle students will learn to plan for their lives both inside and outside the school, finding out how to understand themselves first before discovering how to make clear and informed decisions about their own lives.
Both authors are experienced SPHE teachers who teach/lecture/research in a range of other subject areas. It is the fusion of this expertise that ensures that this book is both learner-centred and connected to 'real life' issues both in and out of the school environment.
It's Your Life offers the following:
• Based on the Draft Senior Cycle SPHE Syllabus.
• Contemporary references to popular culture are used throughout the book to illustrate issues students face in today's world.
• A wide range of dynamic activities appears in each module in order to develop interpersonal and intrapersonal skills inside and outside the classroom.
• Accessible language used throughout with key terms explained as they arise.
• Module links identified throughout to allow students to interconnect topics and to see at a glance how closely the themes addressed in the book relate to each other.
• Modern design with carefully selected images used throughout.
• Secure web addresses appear throughout the text to allow teachers and students access to the most current information on each topic.
Builds on the skills and attitudes students have developed during Junior Cycle SPHE.