€33.95 inc. VAT
Investigating Science is an exciting new textbook for Junior Cycle Science. The inquiry-based approach allows students to actively seek solutions, design investigations and ask new questions as they learn about the nature of science.
Key features of the book:
• Learning outcomes are referenced for the teacher and translated into student-friendly learning intentions.
• The Nature of Science strand is integrated throughout and referenced in the learning outcomes.
• Keywords at the start of each unit assist with literacy strategies.
• Lightbulb questions throughout the units encourage students to explore their prior knowledge.
• Investigations develop an understanding of scientific processes and how to use evidence to support explanations and develop inquiry skills.
• Demonstrations can be done by the teacher, but some are easily converted into whole-class exercises.
• Concise and student-friendly definitions of key concepts present an appropriate level of information.
• Checkpoint questions throughout the units can be used as a form of assessment for learning (AFL) and as homework.
• The ‘What I have learned’ summary at the end of each unit allows for assessment of progress.
• Question Time at the end of each unit incorporates fill in the blanks, comprehension and inquiry questions.
• There is a FREE eBook with this textbook! Your unique code is on the inside front cover.
Investigating Science Workbook Free with each textbook purchased, this valuable resource provides wordsearches/crosswords and additional questions for every unit in the textbook.