€15.95 inc. VAT
Indigo 1 is the first in a two-volume series covering the Junior Certificate English course and is suitable for First-Year students.
• Features a wide range of content which supports the implementation of the principles and objectives of the new DES National Literacy Strategy.
• Provides the flexibility to teach across a range of abilities, since texts have sufficient depth to offer teaching opportunities at more than one level.
• Contains a range of extracts including fiction and non-fiction, media, poetry, drama and film whose topics, language and illustrations are age-appropriate and will capture students' interest and provide motivation for independent reading.
• All extracts are followed by an extensive range of questions and assignments covering all levels of comprehension skills.
• The fiction, drama and poetry sections feature a comprehensive mix of accessible material as well as classics such as 'The Listeners, (Walter de la Mare) and an extract from Sive (John B Keane).
• Packed with resources and exercises which support the teaching and assessment of key literacy skills and strategies, including:
• Vocabulary Development
• Spelling Challenges
• Cloze Tests
• Guidelines for personal and functional writing
• Key literary items