Skill-Building for Paper One, Leaving Certificate Ordinary Level English
Endeavour 1 presents an exciting new approach to teaching Leaving Certificate English Paper One. Key features include the following:
• The contents present the teaching points covered by each extract.
• Endeavour 1 facilitates teaching by doing things in steps, i.e. only a few teaching points are covered in each extract.
• A helpful introduction aids an understanding of how to get the most from the format of the book.
• Four distinct sections cover the main language areas of the syllabus:
-The Language of Narration - Non-Fiction
-The Language of Narration - Fiction
-The Language of Argument and Persuasion
-The Language of Information
• A fifth section, the Descriptive Writing Workshop, is a unique feature of this book.
• The Mechanics of Writing section covers the basics of punctuation and grammar.
• Functional Writing exercises (Question B) are integrated and therefore comprehensively covered.
• A full sample exam paper appears after each language area section.
• Exam-type questions follow the extracts throughout.