€25.95 inc. VAT
A brand new Second and Third Year English text designed and written for the new Junior Cycle. The text, which is supported by a Student Portfolio, follows on from the very successful Spirals but can also be used with other textbooks.
• Contains 16 units providing interesting and stimulating analysis of poetry, drama, film and non-literary texts
• Full exploration of key prescribed texts including exciting units on Of Mice and Men, Son of Rambow, Romeo and Juliet, Blood Brothers and To Kill a Mockingbird
• Creative and in-depth coverage of over 20 poems with a close study of three poets
• Aligned with Framework for Junior Cycle and the English Specification
• Units guided by all 39 learning outcomes essential to the Junior Cycle
• Carefully layered activities for all levels and abilities
• Tasks for pair and group work
• Specific focus on oral presentation skills
• Strong focus on the development of students’ oral skills throughout
• Clear and easy-to-follow layout
• Integrated e-portfolio tasks in each unit
• Units designed to prepare students for both the exam in 3rd Year and the school-based components
• Formative assessment methods embedded in every unit.