€19.95 inc. VAT
Your companion for change to the new course! Includes:
• Textbook with FREE ebook
• Portfolio book
• Key Words book
Covers the course in clear language at an appropriate reading age for students of this new common level course.
• Nature of Science is introduced in its own chapter and integrated throughout the four contextual strands.
• Dedicated sections for each of the contextual strands: Biological World, Chemical World, Physical World & Earth and Space.
• Topics are conveniently organised into double-page spreads.
• Learning intentions and key words are identified for students at the start of each topic.
• Tasks are clearly distinguished under recognisable icons. They prompt students to engage in scientific inquiry and research, as well as promoting the development of scientific literacy and numeracy skills.
• GO links throughout the text highlight links between concepts and strands and help students to develop a rounded understanding of science.
• Assessment is integrated within and at the end of every chapter, with peer assessment, pair work and group work encouraged throughout.
• End-of-chapter summaries embed learning and act as a useful revision tool.
• End-of-chapter Working as a Scientist tasks put learning to practical use and help students to understand the role of science in their lives.