• Reading (Non-fiction) - Highly stimulating and age appropriate.
• Poetry - A well-balanced variety, including modern works and classic favourites such as On Stopping by Woods and Mid-Term Break.
• Short stories - This comprehensive mix contains both modern favourites, such as Satellite Batteries by Eoin Colfer, and classic choices such as The Goalkeeper's Revenge, The Hitch-Hiker and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
• Fiction - These extracts include popular writers such as Marita Conlon-McKenna and Dick King-Smith.
• Drama - A variety of extracts suitable for study as well as staging in class.
• Media - These 'texts' have been chosen to reflect trends in past exam papers, and explore all key media concepts.
• Personal and Functional Writing - A series of practical guidelines and a range of assignments.
• Questions and Assignments - Key Literary and Grammatical Terms
• Spelling and Punctuation