€17.30 inc. VAT
Special Education in Irish Classrooms – A Practical Guide
An essential guide for all teachers and parents of students with special educational needs at primary and secondary level, this ’how-to’ book is full of valuable insights and practical advice for the successful implementation of inclusive educational strategies that benefit all pupils.
“Fiona King’s book is a ”must have” for all teachers, SENO’s, NEPS psychologists and anyone interested in including children with special educational needs in the classroom. Its practical style is both accessible and academically sound. Fiona has written a book that will be used to propel special education in Ireland forward over the next two decades.”
Dr. David Carey, Frobel College of Education, Dublin.
KEY TOPICS IN THE BOOK INCLUDE:
• Ideas for the structure of in-class support
• Getting started and following a strategy
• Applying peer-tutoring strategies
• Practical guidelines for assisting reading comprehension skills
• Tips on encouraging creative writing
• Successful teaching strategies for Mathematics
• Effective instruction for spelling in a whole class situation
• Useful resources and websites