Operation Maths 4 - Discovery & Assessment Pack
Operation Maths is a new, exciting and original primary maths programme, with fully integrated digital resources. A ground-breaking maths programme, it has been developed specifically for the Irish market to meet the needs of primary schools, teachers and pupils. Pack includes At School Book, At Home Book, Assessment Book, Mini-Whiteboard and 20 Frame.
- Operation Maths focuses on the acquisition and development of mathematical skills, as outlined in the Primary school curriculum
- A significant emphasis has been placed on collaborative learning, with regular Talk Time and Team Work activities to encourage children to communicate and to address problems in a collaborative way
- Problem-solving is at the heart of this programme
- Children are encouraged to apply maths to their own environment through regular Maths Around Us activities, videos and maths trails
- Mental maths skills are promoted in an integrated fashion in each chapter, with an emphasis on the development of estimation and thinking strategies.
- Children can assess their own learning in the Learning Log at the end of every chapter in the Discovery Book, while formal assessment takes place in the Pupil Assessment book
- A concrete-pictorial-abstract (CPA) approach promotes active learning and guided discovery, as the children explore and interact with suitable concrete materials.