Home » School Books » Secondary School Books » Second Year » History » Discovering History
Home » School Books » Secondary School Books » Third Year » History » Discovering History
Discovering History is a complete textbook for Junior Certificate Higher and Ordinary Level Students.
• Structure: Covers the entire syllabus for Junior Certificate History in one complete volume, clearly divided into Year 1, 2 and 3 sections.
• Language: Uses clear uses accessible language throughout to cater for students of varying levels of reading ability.
• Key Terms: Important and difficult words / phrases are highlighted in the text and explained as they occur. These Key Terms are also presented chronologically in a Glossary at the end of each chapter to aid students’ revision and understanding of events detailed within the chapter.
• Questions: Each section within a chapter ends with short revision questions. At the end of each chapter there are exam-type questions presented in the exam format - Question 1: Pictures, Question 2: Documents, Question 3: Short-Answer Questions, Question 4: People in History, Question 5: Higher Level Only Questions (covers Questions 5 and 6 of the Exam Paper).
• ‘By The Way’ boxes: Fact boxes with interesting background details appear in the text margin where relevant.
• Women in History: Each chapter ends with a short biography of an important woman in history.
• Design & Layout: Beautifully illustrated with colourful maps and drawings as well as an abundance of clear photographs.
• Websites: An up-to-date list of useful and relevant websites is provided at the end of each chapter allowing students to do further research on topics.
• Exam Guide section provides useful exam information and advice to students.
• Index: To help students locate topics within the book.