Home » School Books » Secondary School Books » Sixth Year » Biology » Discovering Biology
The information presented in Discovering Biology adheres rigorously to the Department of Education syllabus as elaborated by the NCCA Teachers Guidelines and the three years of In Service Training by the NBSS.
• Each of the forty chapters is sub-divided into numbered sections - this arranges the information into small digestible blocks, allowing students to quickly find and cross-reference any topic using the index.
• Definitions of terms are highlighted within the text for easy identification.
• Higher Level material ('extended study' in the Syllabus) is placed at the end of each chapter.
• A concise summary can be found at the end of each chapter, which includes any definitions required by the syllabus.
• Questions are a mix of asking the student to explain what has been learned and to apply the concepts to new situations. Past Leaving Certificate Biology Sample Paper and Exam Paper questions are also included.
• The 22 Mandatory Activities are at the back of the book for easy access. The page reference to each Activity is clearly highlighted in its related chapter. This allows students to see the connection between the theory and practice of each topic.
• A detailed glossary is found at the back of the book, covering the syllabus definitions together with other terms used in the book.
• A comprehensive index allows topics or terms to be quickly and easily found.