€29.99 inc. VAT
A unique new Irish text providing an introduction to the theory underpinning
the practice of using the creative arts as a tool or intervention in various
social care and community scenarios.
• Structure of the book provides students with a comprehensive overview of best practice in the field:
– Part 1 introduces the theory behind using the creative arts
– Part 2 describes the practical use of the creative arts
– Part 3 details creative activities for use in practice
• Highlights the use of various creative activities as a tool or intervention within a variety of social care, early childhood or community settings
• Explores the benefits of engaging in creative activities, such as: Relationship development – Meeting new people – Learning through play – Becoming more self-aware – Means of personal expression – Means of communication – Having fun
• Facilitates skills-based learning, while also preparing the student for working as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Details many testimonials and case studies from practitioners within the fields of social care and youth work, demonstrating the use and benefits of creative activities
WRITTEN FOR: The creative studies module in Social Care, Early Childhood, and Community Development courses at HETAC and degree level.