Home » School Books » Secondary School Books » Second Year » Engineering » Basic Engineering Technology - Revised Edition - Junior Certificate Technology
Home » School Books » Secondary School Books » Third Year » Engineering » Basic Engineering Technology - Revised Edition - Junior Certificate Technology
Basic Engineering Technology - Revised Edition - Junior Certificate Technology
This copiously illustrated, full-colour textbook covers the Junior Certificate course at both Ordinary and Higher Levels. The recently revised edition contains a range of new material, including new diagrams, and provides comprehensive coverage of the course. The book is a market leader because of its thorough yet easy-to-follow approach.
• Very well illustrated and in full colour.
• Provides in-depth coverage of techniques, processes and uses of equipment, thereby helping the development of craft skills – an important aspect of an activity-based technology course.
• The widespread use of schematic diagrams makes the material easy to understand and encourages students to use sketches to convey, explain and record information.
• Questions at the end of each chapter facilitate the structuring of study and homework, and minimise the need for note-taking.
• The order in which the chapters are presented does not have to be followed, but their arrangement can act as a guide in drawing up a scheme of work.
• A method of undertaking a design problem is given in Chapter 16. This indicates the activities involved.
• Contains a detailed index at the back.
• 250 pages in length.