€28.99 inc. VAT
Revised and updated edition of this comprehensive introduction to the world of sociology incorporating key contemporary issues, with particular reference to the Irish perspective.
• New to this edition:
o Reflects all changes in the revised Social Studies module [5N1370]
o Provides the most recent statistics related to the area of sociology
o Introduces reflective and investigative skills for use on current social issues
o Advises on strategies for study and preparation for examinations, as well as note-taking skills and revision methods.
• Highlights key sociological theories, concepts and topics, while introducing and examining social stratification in Irish society.
• Facilitates an individual’s basic understanding of their position as an individual, a family member and as part of a community and wider society.
• Introduces the process and agents of socialisation by analysing family, peer groups, education and media, and their impact.
• Examines the role and function of the family within society, in particular within an Irish context, and how the structure of the family has evolved and developed in recent times.
• Discusses discrimination and its impact on individuals and society.
• Details various survey methods, observation skills and research methodologies, and provides pointers on documenting, referencing, and analysis and presentation of research findings.
The revised NFQ Level 5 Social Studies module [5N1370] as part of the following major awards:
• Intellectual Disability Practice 5M1761
• Applied Social Studies 5M2181
• Journalism 5M2464
• Community Care 5M2786
• Community Development 5M3050
• Healthcare Support 5M4339
• Nursing Studies 5M4349
• Community Health Services 5M4468
• Youth Work 5M4732
• Early Childhood Care and Education 5M2009
Suitable also for those studying BTEC and HETAC subjects within the fields of Social Science and Healthcare.